Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tomato Basil Chicken

I made this the other day and it was AMAZING!



(To see how I made the roasted potatoes, click here)

Tomato Basil Chicken

4 Chicken Breasts, Skinless & Deboned
4-6 Tomatoes, Quartered
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, Loosely Packed
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced (I used half a bulb, we like garlic)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
(I also added 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt, you know, the whole garlic love thing...)

Put all ingredients except chicken in food processor (you can save a bit of the tomato and basil to chop and make a garnish), process until thoroughly mixed.

In a large zip-lock bag or container, add chicken and marinade. Make sure chicken is well coated, and marinate for 6-8 hours in fridge.

Grill chicken on medium heat 10-12 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. (I actually decided to bake it, because the marinade looked yummy, so I got an oven-safe dish and put the chicken and all the marinade in it, and baked at 350F for 20 minutes, flipped the chicken, and then baked for 20 more minutes.)

Mmmmm... It was probably the best chicken I have ever had! And I'm not really a meat-loving person.

No comments: