Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh Wheeeere is my Chop Chop?

Last week one night I had this weird feeling that something was wrong. Judith was already asleep, and Gideon was fine. But where was Chop Chop? The house was completely trashed, because it was when I had the flu, so he could have been anywhere. It made me nervous, thinking that he might be hiding under something and accidentally get stepped on. Dave assured me that he was fine and was probably sleeping somewhere. I looked around a little bit before I went to bed, but then gave up and hoped that Dave was right. I put some food in his dish in case he woke up in the night.

The next morning I got up, and was so unbelievably stiff from being sick! But I couldn't stop thinking about the cat. I noticed that Chop Chop's food was untouched, and alarm bells were definitely going off in my head. I started going through everything. I completely tore apart Judith's room. But he was nowhere to be found. Then I started going through things in the living room, trying not to freak out. I was calling him, and finally heard a little mew. "At least he's alive!" I thought. I could not, for the life of me, find him though! I was getting really frustrated. The sound was coming from Judith's room I was almost certain, but I had looked through everything, even the closet!

I finally got Judith to be quiet enough so I could pinpoint the location of the meowing. I opened Judith's sock drawer... and there he was. Poor thing! I was SO mad at Judith! Chop Chop had been in there for 12-15 hours! As if she would put him in there and leave him! Fortunately, he hadn't peed or pooped. But boy was he hungry! He was also in a really bad mood for a while, understandably. Judith got quite the talking to, but I don't know if she really understands.

It seems as though Chop Chop has forgiven Judith though, he is currently cuddling with her on the couch.

1 comment:

Hooch said...

It's neat how Chop Chop is so quick to forgive… it kind of reminds us of how quickly (and how often) the Lord forgives us.