Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Confession

I miss Facebook.

There, I said it.

The first couple weeks were great, but now I just feel disconnected. I should have made sure to get people's contact info before I left Facebook, I can't believe how much I rely on it for communication. And there are so many times, like today, where I am bored and exhausted and just want to waste time reading everyone's musings and ignoring my own crap. *sigh*

Is Lent over on Good Friday or Easter Sunday? I can't remember. This is only my second year doing Lent. Maybe next year I will pick something else to give up...

Tomorrow was supposed to be the last day of my 30 Day Shred & Purge. I have done the Shred 3 times, plus I worked out with a friend once. Boo. I also didn't purge according to my plan after the first few days. Although I did get a lot done. I still have a lot to go. It seems to go in spurts. Some days I do nothing, and other days I do a ton. I guess I can just be happy for what I have accomplished, and continue on. I love making plans for stuff, but just suck at following through. It's like my subconscious always wants to rebel against what I decide consciously...

Gluten-free (GF) has been a huge success! Dave has decided to be GF permanently, as it has helped him a lot. He no longer craves sugar like he used to, and actually has energy when he is home. Gluten doesn't seem to affect me as much, but I did eat healthier overall while eating GF, so I am going to stick with it for the most part. At least I know I can have a bagel now and then and it won't bother me. =) GF hasn't been as hard as we anticipated either. I make most of our food from scratch anyway, and it's mostly packaged and processed foods that contain gluten. We also found a local place to buy authentic corn tortillas, and a new gluten-free marketplace just opened up right by our house! We haven't checked it out yet, but it's exciting and great timing.

Well, that's my update, I guess. I miss everyone. =(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you too! ps. there is an invite to jessica's BW on the 30th on FB, just an an FYI if you missed it.. i dont know when you are coming back.

aerdna said...

facebook misses you too.

I've been trying to keep up with the blogs so I can get my daily laugh in. You're kids say and do the best stuff.

Are you free the weekend of the 15th? We will be in town and we'd love to get together.