Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book - Week 1

Outside my window... Snow still covers the ground, the sky is gray and uninviting.

I am thinking... I should set my sleeping Ruthie down and get some chores done, but she's just so sweet sleeping on my chest!

I am thankful for... Dave being able to work today, the weather has not been favourable lately and it is hurting us financially.

I am wearing... Pj pants, blue tank top and black cardigan.

I am remembering... How nice and quiet the holidays were.

I am going... To take Gideon to the Urologist on Wednesday at the Children's Hospital with the other 2 kids in tow as well, not looking forward to that.

I am currently reading... Discipline Without Distress by Judy Arnall. Judith has gotten a little out of hand since she turned 4/Ruthie arrived, with good reason of course, but I want to figure out how to better meet her needs (and for the love of God STOP the incessant screaming!!!).

I am hoping... To get dishes, laundry and vacuuming done today, HAHAHA! High hopes.

On my mind... Trying to find ways to be more present and intentional with the kids.

Noticing that... I tend to go online in an attempt to "hide" from everything that is stressing me out.

Pondering these words... "The good mother is a great artist ever creating beauty out of chaos." (From a Starbucks cup)

From the kitchen... Home made doughnuts!!!

Around the house... Lots of toys and clutter.

One of my favorite things... Ruthie's little grunts, snorts and squeaks.

From my picture journal... I brought the play mat up from the basement for Ruthie, but she wasn't the only one who enjoyed it!

No comments: