Saturday, June 27, 2009

Honey Mustard Lime Chicken

I made this the other day, and it wasn't the *best* chicken I've ever had, but it was definitely good and nice to have something different for a change.

The original recipe is for a slow-cooker, and can be found here. But I didn't have time in the morning to put it on, so I just made it in the oven.

8 Chicken Legs (I used 2 Chicken Breasts)
1/2 cup Honey Mustard
1 Lime, Juice and Zest (or 3 tbsp Lime Juice)
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 tbsp Soy Sauce

Mix all ingredients together in an oven-safe dish or deep pan. Make sure chicken is well coated with sauce. Cook at 400F for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Serve with rice to spoon extra sauce on top.



I don't recommend the spicy fries to go with it. That was just a craving I had, but in retrospect, it was a fail. Steamed veggies would be better.

My hands smelled of lime for the rest of the night and it was wonderful. =)

1 comment:

xmomx said...

mmm. that looks delicious.