Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Welcome To The Family, Kitty!

Sorry I have been absent the last few days. A few things have happened that have demanded of my time.

But please let me introduce you to the newest member of our family! The name he came with is "Squishy", but we may change it, because my brother has a cat named Squishy. Any suggestions?



I think it will be a good learning experience for Judith. She absolutely adores the kitten! But she has yet to truly understand that the cat is its own entity, and not her plaything, and it does not, in fact, need to obey her every command. She cried herself to sleep last night because she was upset that the cat wouldn't stay on her pillow and sleep with her. She also has a bad habit of lifting him up by the fur on his back instead of picking him up gently by his belly. We're working on that. But he seems to like her despite it all, he follows her around, and if she is sitting on the couch he will sleep beside her or cuddle on her lap. It's adorable! I hope that this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

No comments: