Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Impromptu Family Vacation!

Tomorrow is Dave's surgery. I think he is quite anxious about it. We have to get up in the morning, drive 3 hours to another city, have his surgery, find something for supper, then drive another 45 minutes to a ranch (YWAM base) we are staying at, where my friend works. Then we will stay overnight, and head back home the next day. Dave is really nervous about the surgery, and I am stressed about the trip (the van, the kids, driving, logistics, etc). I still have to pack. But I am excited to see my friend, and I bet the kids would love the ranch! I think the ranch is a better idea than a hotel, because Dave can rest in our room, while the kids and I play outside, with lots of friendly people around to help me. At a hotel we would probably just be stuck inside and the kids would be all over him. I really hope he isn't in too bad of shape when he comes out of surgery (it's just a day surgery for a hernia). This trip has the potential to be extremely overwhelming for me.

1 comment:

Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

praying for the trip, the surgery, and your time together as family ^_^