Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Need To See This!!!!!!!

I just came across this via facebook. I come across A LOT of birth stuff, because I have awesome friends who also like to share things they find (I share quite a bit myself). So I clicked on this, thinking I would be inspired as usual, but I didn't anticipate it being so "close to home".

The film was made in Byron Bay, Australia. Where I used to live. When I was pregnant with Judith. Where my motherhood journey began. Where I was impacted by my birth experience forever. Where I was empowered to make my own decisions, birth my baby, and was given incredible support to persevere with breastfeeding.

I met Sue, the midwife in this film, and went to her prenatal classes (shown in the film). I also went to the birth centre (although we transferred to the hospital, but then back to this birth centre after, where the midwives could give me more attention and help with my breastfeeding issues). Seeing all of the familiar images of Byron Bay, Sue (and the other flaky midwife in the prenatal class scene, she was there for my classes too!), and the birth centre, totally ripped my heart out. I was not expecting that AT ALL! But I am so happy to have come across this! I may have to fork out $50 + shipping for this movie. Seriously, it would be worth it. I would just watch it over and over and bawl my eyes out. That is the most beautiful place in the world, and so much of my personal calling came to fruition there.

Maybe I could buy the movie, and then have a showing and charge $2 or something, to cover the costs, haha!

So here is the trailer. Please note: there are images of naked breasts and full birth footage, so only watch it if you can handle that! Enjoy.

No comments: