Monday, January 24, 2011

Lactation Cookies

Whether you are looking to boost your milk supply, or just your yum supply, these cookies are a must try!



Preheat oven to 375F.

Mix together 2 tsp flaxseed meal and 4 tsp water in a small bowl, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar.

Add the flax meal goop (make sure it has been sitting for at least 5 mins or so), 2 large eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla, mix well.

Add 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt, mix well.

Add 3 cups thick cut oats (or rolled oats), and 2 tsp brewer's yeast (found in health food stores, it's a nutritional supplement), mix well.

Add 1 cup chocolate chips, mix well.

Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Makes about 24 large-ish cookies (or a bazillion little Gideon-rolled cookies). Bake 8-12 minutes.

Enjoy, and happy lactating!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm intrigued! What about these cookies boosts milk production? I must know the science!!

Kelly said...

I know that oatmeal boosts supply. I don't know the science, but I know eating oatmeal when you are lactating = huge boobs and intense supply. A fried of mine who is prone to mastitis can't eat oatmeal while she's nursing at all. The amino acids in the brewer's yeast help too, I believe. It would be a good research project, if I had the time. ;) All I know is that the consensus is, it works!