Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Day Book - Week 6

Outside my window... It's cold, and the trees are covered in ice and snow. It's pretty, but that's it. I need spring to come soon!

I am thinking... About giving up the internet for lent (I've never participated in lent before, but this is something I've been thinking about for a while).

I am thankful for... How well vinegar cleans smoothies off of windows.

I am wearing... Brown yoga pants, turquoise tshirt and green zip-up hoodie.

I am remembering... How exhausting it was taking the girls out shopping on Saturday. Judith did not stop talking the entire time, I carried Ruthie in the mei tai everywhere (she only cried at one store, but that bit was rough), and I can't believe just how loooong everything takes with kids. All in all it was a good, successful outing, but I was so tired when we got home!

I am going... To go through the closet and pull out some of Ruthie's bigger clothes and diapers for her. She's starting to outgrow things already. =(

I am currently reading... Discipline Without Distress by Judy Arnall. I also started reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (I read it when I was pregnant with Gideon, but it's part of the DONA required reading, so I thought I'd refresh my memory. I find it far more interesting right now than the discipline book for some reason...).

I am hoping... That someone will come and visit us this week!

On my mind... All of the things I want to do during lent when I don't have the computer to distract me.

Noticing that... I feel better when I'm not online all day.

Pondering these words... "Learn the unforced rhythms of grace."

From the kitchen... The smell of chicken stock being made on the stove.

Around the house... It's actually pretty tidy, for now. The children are working on changing that as I type...

One of my favorite things... Having pizza and root beer with a friend!

From my picture journal... Judith taking after her mama. Although she learned to spell her name recently, thanks to Dave making that her password for her account on the computer!

No comments: