Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Thousand Gifts


I've seen this on a few people's sites before, but I think I will take the plunge now. Hopefully it will give me something to spruce up my blog. Especially since I have been so sick lately (but hopefully that will be over soon with me approaching the second trimester).

You can go here if you want to read what it's all about.

Here are a couple snipets from the site:

"A List of a Thousand Things, beginning with #1. I am daily jotting down items on my Thousand Gifts List, working, one-by-one, up to a thousand gifts. Not of gifts I want. But of gifts I have."

"Yet my list is different than another's for a reason: God has made me uniquely me. The Gift List is about gratitude... but it is more. It is about what defines me and my own personal identity. Reflecting on The Thousand Gifts List... "...cracking open a new book... pushing children on the swing.... old men looking at cards in the stationery aisle..." I am thankful for the things on it, yes, but I am also thankful that He has given the gift of me; that God made me who I am and I am one who sees and experiences the world in a way uniquely her own. The Thousand Gifts list is about the gifts Abba gives this child every day... and, ultimately, about the very gift of self, life as I know it."

So here are my first 5:

1 - Being able to finally open the windows and enjoy some fresh air in the house.

2 - Ordering pizza to feed my family when I'm too sick to cook.

3 - Being the only house on our street with dandelions on our lawn.

4 - All of the neighbourhood kids stopping by to pick said dandelions.

5 - Baby giggles.

No comments: