Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are a staple in my house. They're not so healthy, but the perfect fix for a hormonal mama.

I've had this recipe memorized since I was probably 8 or so.



Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium to large bowl, mix together:

1 cup shortening (you could probably substitute butter?)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (I use raw organic sugar)

Then add:

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix. Then add:

2 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, M&M's, Skor bits, or whatever you want (or a combo of things).

Eat lots of dough, it's amazing.

Roll into small balls (I try to make them golf-ball-size, but you can make them smaller if you like), place them on a baking tray, and bake 8-10 minutes. This recipe makes about 24 cookies, depending on how big you make them, and how much dough you eat. = )