Oh blog, I've neglected you again! It's not that I don't have anything to say. Honestly, I have about a dozen post ideas scribbled out in my notepad (you know, those old-fashioned paper things?). But it's just that life keeps getting in the way. We started home schooling this fall, and, yeah, there has been a severe lack of blogging. I have a feeling that the two might be related. That and facebook. Facebook is so quick and easy, and then I get so swept up in everyone else's lives and so many great articles, that you get left out. Again. I'm so sorry.
Just so you know, Ruthie is now 1, and she's walking and starting to talk and generally being all-grown-up-ish. I'm kind of sad that my "baby" is so big, this year went by so quickly, but I also love this stage so much! I know I need to post some new pics, but one thing at a time for now, ok? It's almost Christmas, and that's kind of a busy season, you know.
Speaking of Christmas, I basically did all home made gifts this year. Cheap, yes. Meaningful, oh yes. But also kind of a pain in the butt with 3 young children around. I can totally see why most people just go to a store and buy everything for everyone on their list. It would be SO. MUCH. EASIER. But oh well, I'm all done now, so I can relax. I did buy a lot for the kids though. Mostly home school supplies and arts & crafts to keep them busy all winter, wahahaha! This Christmas I basically only shopped at Michael's (I took in my 40%-50% off coupon every week starting at the beginning of Nov and slowly got everything! They have Melissa & Doug toys there too) and the dollar store. I actually got the kids WAY more gifts than usual, but still with the same budget. So I am calling Christmas 2010 the year of Michael's. Last year was the year of Kijiji, and the year before was the year of Etsy. I wonder what next year will be? Perhaps home made for all?
This Holiday Season was also the Season of Much Coffee.
Anyway, I wish everyone the best over the holidays and for 2011! I'd like to say that I promise to blog more, but we will just have to wait and see. I do have a few real goals for 2011 though. Ultimately, I want to get "myself" back. As of the end of February, I will have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for 6 years straight. That has taken quite a toll on my body and mind and spirit. So I am going to focus on personal restoration, I know that everyone in my family would benefit from that. I am doing it for them just as much as for myself.
Here are my basic goals:
1. Keep exercising (I have been doing The Shred with a friend this month and it has been so great, and the kids have been doing it with me, they are so cute! I recently made a hula hoop, so I need to start hooping too, and going to the gym again).
2. Eat better (we will probably go gluten and sugar free for a while). My problem right now is I eat too much bread and sugar, because they are quick and convenient, and not enough protein and veggies.
3. See my naturopath, get all of my vitamin and mineral stores up, and hopefully restore my thyroid and adrenals. He will also be able to do lots of tests to see if anything else is dragging me down.
4. Go and see a great Christian counselor who is just a few blocks away from me.
5. And most of all try to actually get organized and in control of my life (which will be easier once I get everything previously listed underway), and make sure to have "me" time regularly.
I also want to be more creative, get more involved with the organizations I want to, and actually attend births. But I know I need to focus on the 5 things above, and then I can take on these things as I feel able. I'm burned out enough right now, and I don't want to keep doing this to myself. If things are going well by Christmas next year, then we might start trying for baby #4!
Thanks to everyone who still reads this despite my long absence! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!