Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey!

Soooo.... I know today is Thanksgiving for many of you. I am a big fan of Thanksgiving, so even though we celebrated back in October, I decided to make turkey today to celebrate alongside my American friends. And because I found a slow-cooker recipe I wanted to try. = )

Here it is:

Slow-Cooker Turkey Breast with Orange Sauce

1 Large Onion, Chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced (I used half a big bulb, I love garlic)
1 tsp Dried Rosemary (I never measure, I just pour until it looks right)
1/2 tsp Black Pepper (again, I just shake until I'm happy)
1 Boneless, Skinless, Turkey Breast (2-3 pounds/0.9-1.4 kg)
1 1/2 cups Orange Juice

1. Place chopped onion in 4.5 (or +) quart slow-cooker.

2. Combine garlic, rosemary and pepper in a small bowl, set aside.

3. Cut slices about 3/4 of the way through the turkey breast at 2 inch intervals. Rub garlic mixture between slices (and I sprinkled the remainder on top of the breast).

4. Place turkey, cut side up, in the slow-cooker on top of the onions.

5. Slowly pour the orange juice over the turkey (so that all surface area, including in the slices is covered, but the garlic mixture is not washed away).

6. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Serve sauce from slow cooker with the sliced turkey.

Makes 4-6 servings.

I hope it turns out well! It's cooking right now and smells SO good! My landlords upstairs must hate me, I always make such good-smelling food. I am also going to make garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing (from a box, don't get too excited), gravy (from a package again...) and vegetables. Mmmm.

No comments: